Cyprus Research and Educational Foundation (CREF)
Interim CEO for CREFL Business Ventures Ltd (ref.no. CREFL_CEO_20_01)
Closing Date: 1st of June 2020
The Cyprus Research and Educational Foundation (CREF) was established driven by the vision of promoting the advancement of knowledge and its humane and benevolent applications throughout the Eastern Mediterranean, highlighting the role of Cyprus as a gateway of knowledge and innovation between EU and the region. CREF aims to help in the transformation of Cyprus’ economy into a knowledge-based economy and to advance the welfare of the island and the region.
CREFL will be the Holding Company of CREF, regarding all its innovation ventures. The Interim CEO of CREFL will be responsible for the development of the company in its first initial case. The Interim CEO will have the overall management responsibility of the company for the first year of its operation.
The appointment will be on a part-time and fixed-term basis for one year. An attractive remuneration package commensurate to the candidate's qualifications and level of experience will be offered to the selected candidate.
The successful candidate will be carrying out
- The establishment of strategic goals and priorities
- Preparation of and negotiation of agreements with ventures under funding
- Management of the implementation and execution of strategic planning, strategy workshops, trainings, pitch sessions, monthly meetings, etc.
- Work with CREF for the CREFL staff recruitment and selection
- Providing strategy consultation to ventures in areas such as business model development, client acquisition, overall strategy, financing, fundraising, market research, operations, contract negotiations
- Providing targeted one-on-one mentoring and support to new venture staff
- Managing relationships, contracts, research, grant making, policy change, negotiations, and evaluation activities
- Building high-level relationships with key national and local institutions
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- PhD degree
- Research and Innovation related knowledge
- More than 15 years of C-suit level experience
- Driving significant growth and international expansion
- Experience in Strategic, Financial planning
- Experience in Developing and growing innovation ecosystems
- Validating innovation related ideas
- Experience in Team Building
- Experience in launching businesses
- Proven experience in Raising funds
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written English and Greek.
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application via email email@example.com, based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a letter of interest, a list of three references (including contact information) and a vision statement. All documentation should be in English and in PDF Format. For further information, please contact CREF Office at 22208795. Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled.
Reference number: CREFL_CEO_20_01