The Office of the Vice President for Operations (VPO) supports the Institute’s mission by managing the overall activities of the Operations Division which include the support functions of the Institute.
- To promote the development of the Cyprus Institute as a novel research and educational institution.
- To aid in the establishment of effective and efficient structures of governance, organization and reporting in order to facilitate the achievement of CyI’s goals.
- To oversee the smooth operation of all administrative and infrastructural aspects of the Cyprus Institute, thus enabling it to pursue its goals effectively.
The VP Operations has the chain of command authority and responsibility for the development and coordination of all Cyprus Institute operational activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the President, the VPO shall:
- Be responsible for the impeccable and effective organization, management, coordination, supervision, operation and efficiency of the Operations Division of the Institute.
- Be responsible to monitor the fiscal and technical implementation of the Institute’s budget in a rational manner, for the optimal use of available financial, human and other resources.
- Be responsible for the operation of administrative quality assurance mechanisms with emphasis on the monitoring of the operations and the measuring of the performance of the administrative services, ensuring the necessary cooperation among them for a smooth, uniform and effective support of the scientific work of the Institute.
- Promote the development and adoption of recognized best practices in all administrative services. Identify and exploit opportunities to improve financial and operational performance indicators.
- Be responsible for and oversee the introduction and operation of incentive schemes, and schemes for the professional development of the administrative staff as well as of mechanisms for evaluation and feedback regarding all aspects of the performance of each service and each employee in the framework of the organization’s mission.
- Be responsible for and supervise the preparation of reports and the supply of administrative information regularly and whenever required in decision-making processes. Issue or authorize the issuance of circulars or instructions regarding the implementation of the policy and procedures necessary for the proper functioning of the Institute and for the implementation of decisions taken by the Institute’s Board.
- Be responsible of the preparation and adoption by the Institute of business plans and suggestions for the upgrading of administrative services, the improvement of methods and procedures followed, and the optimal use of the human resources and assets of the Institute.
- Postgraduate degree (at least at the level of Masters).
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- At least 10 years of overall professional experience in a responsible and relevant to this post position with administrative, financial and/or organizational duties, of which at least 5 years of experience in supervisory / managerial tasks including planning, organization, guidance, coordination and supervision of operations.
- Experience in the administration of an academic or research institution would be an asset.
- Leadership / management skills
- Effectiveness and creativity
- Responsibility and ability for efficient cooperation
- Flexibility and ability to change
- Analytical and synthetic skills
- Strategic perception and the ability to look ahead
- Experience in managing change, in the consolidation of a business culture promoting administrative excellence, and in the enhancement of practices to inform decision-making processes by providing scientific documentation.
Applicants should submit: (i) a CV (ii) a short, up to two pages vision statement and iii) a list of five potential referees (including their contact details) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). To be assured full consideration, applications should be received by April 30th 2017 via e-mail to HR[at]cyi.ac.cy showing the following reference in the subject heading: CYI_VPO_17_02 . For further information please contact Ms. Christiana Melodias (email@example.com). Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.