The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit science and technology institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research aims of the Cyprus Institute are represented by three research centers: the Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CASTORC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology Research Center (STARC), and the Energy Environment Water Research Center (EEWRC). Considerable cross-center interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
The CyI seeks to recruit a highly motivated professional to assume the position of the IT Officer of the CyI.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide general IT support and contribute in developing suitable IT solutions to deliver a professional high quality service level within the Institute.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes in the administration/documentation of the CyI’s IT infrastructure including servers, network, PC’s and other IT equipment;
- Advises on available technologies that can support the CyI operational objectives;
- Identifies information for technology use in business functions and identifies areas in which improvements could be made to maximise effectiveness and efficiency;
- Consults with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and information system requirements; suggests solutions and specifies the technology suited to meet those needs;
- Prepares reports suggesting solutions for operational problems based on IT, taking into consideration similar applications in the market and available software packages;
- Following the relevant internal and external regulations, procures and evaluates hardware as well as software packages that offer solutions to the information needs of the Institute;
- Provides project management support during development or upgrade of Information Systems and assists with the acceptance procedures;
- Supports the evaluation of project deliverables prepared by the project teams;
- Specifies small applications and upgrades when required;
- Trains the Institute personnel on the use of applications and prepares user manuals as necessary;
- Provides user support for Information Systems that may or may not have maintenance and support agreements;
- Prepares regular progress reports for the Institute’s IT projects;
- Stays informed on IT standards and best practices;
- Communicates with the Vendors of information systems and co-ordinates the support they provide.
- Installs and configures computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Contributes in the development of relevant IT policies and procedures to be followed by staff members