The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution based in Cyprus and led by an international Board of Trustees (www.cyi.ac.cy). Research at the Cyprus Institute is presently conducted through its three interdisciplinary research centers: the Energy Environment Water Research Center (EEWRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology Research Center (STARC), and the Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC). Its Educational activities are pursued through its Graduate School.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the President of the CyI exerts leadership of the research, educational and administrative functions of the institute. Under the guidance of the Board of Trustees and in collaboration with the senior management of the CyI, the President develops the strategies of the institute and oversees their implementation. The selected candidate may, if his/her background is an academic career, be awarded a tenured Professorship at CyI.
The selected candidate will be located in Cyprus, and will be offered a five-year appointment, renewable upon mutual agreement, with an internationally attractive salary and benefits package, commensurate to his/her high degree of responsibility and qualification.
Duties and Responsibilities
In detail, the overall objectives, duties and responsibilities of the President are the following:
The incumbent will be directly responsible for promoting of the development of CyI as a modern research and educational institution and for developing strategies and actions, as appropriate to the Institute’s mission and objectives. She/He will be responsible for:
- Keeping the Board of Trustees informed on all relevant affairs, and for executing all decisions of the Board
- Developing organizational structures for the appropriate functioning of CyI, as well as coordinating such structures and their activities
- Raising financial and other resources for the needs of CyI
- Recruiting staff and recommending staffing strategies for the Institute
- To oversee the development and implementation of the budget of the Institute
- To establish and maintain links with and between CyI’s research sponsors
- If she/he is awarded tenure undertake tasks and initiatives in relation to her/his faculty appointment
Applicants should submit: (i) a CV including a list of publications, a compilation of research grants obtained, and relevant managerial experience, and (ii) a vision statement up to five pages and iii) a list of five potential referees (incl. their contact details). To be assured full consideration, applications should be received by 15th September 2017 via e-mail to HR[at]cyi.ac.cy showing the following reference in the subject heading: CYI_PR_17_04. For further information please contact Professor Dan-Olof Riska, chair CREF Board of Trustees (firstname.lastname@example.org). Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.