|Reference Number|| |
|Job Description|| |
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution operating under the aegis of the Cyprus Research and Education Foundation (CREF), which is governed by an international acclaimed Board of Trustees. The CyI seeks to recruit a highly motivated professional to join the CREF Office of the Institute at the position of Coordinator.
Reporting to the President of CyI and CEO of CREF the CREF Office Coordinator will work closely with the existing staff of the office to perform a broad range of demanding tasks for the CREF office and the office of the President of CyI. This position requires attention to detail, ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, maintain strict confidentiality and exhibit discretion and professionalism in all communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the President and CREF CEO in dispensing of all tasks and responsibilities related to his office.
- Coordinates and liaises with the appropriate CyI offices to facilitate tasks related to the CREF office
- Contributes to the coordination of all arrangements and logistics arising from Board meetings, Board committee meetings and meetings and activities of the CyI Friends Association.
- Contributes to and facilitates outreach and publicity activities of CREF, including those performed in cooperation with the CyI Friends Association or other similar supporting groups
- Assists the Secretary of the Board with preparation of materials for Board meetings and events including preparing agendas, correspondence, and other materials relating to the Board, Executive committee, and other committee meetings as requested.
- Liaises with the Officers and members of the “CyI Friends Association” and support their interaction with CyI and the CREF Board.
- Provides administrative support for the Board of Trustees Office as assigned.
- Oversees and performs a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; travel related requirements; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence, including confidential correspondence.
- Coordinates and produces meetings, conferences, and high-profile special events for the Offices of the President and the Board of Trustees; schedules, organizes and provides logistical support for meetings and events.
- Produces content for website information related to the Board and its activity up to date.
- Any other duty assigned by her/his supervisor.
|Job Requirements|| |
Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant administrative experience.
- Experience in higher education administration is preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of office processes, related computer software and electronic communications tools.
- Previous office management, project management, and event planning experience a plus.
- Proven interpersonal skills with experience providing complex administrative support in high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience managing a budget and with multiple deadlines required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and to organize workflow to ensure effectiveness and efficiency; manage within tight deadlines.
- Ability to independently perform complex tasks and take initiative as appropriate.
- Ability to identify, procure and oversee the timely delivery of services.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including editorial and proofreading skills, strong command of the Greek and English languages.
- Must have high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to identify problems and evaluate resolutions for a positive outcome.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively while exercising diplomacy and discretion with a wide range of constituents.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Willingness to see tasks to completion, sometimes necessitating working longer than normal hours or on weekends.
- Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects and constituencies.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
For full consideration, interested applicants should attach a letter of interest, CV and the names of three contactable referees (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Dr. Michalis S. Yiangou (email@example.com). Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
|Starting Date|| |
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
|Closing Date|| |