|Reference Number|| |
|Job Description|| |
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit science and technology institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research aims of the Cyprus Institute are represented by three research centers: the Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CASTORC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology Research Center (STARC), and the Energy Environment Water Research Center (EEWRC). Considerable cross-center interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
Reporting to the President and CEO of CREF the Office Coordinator of the Cyprus Research and Educational foundation (CREF) Office coordinates a broad range of demanding tasks for the CREF office and the office of the President of CyI. This position requires attention to detail, ability to prioritize workload, multi-tasking, maintaining strict confidentiality and exhibiting discretion and professionalism in all communications (verbal and written).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the President and CREF CEO in dispensing of all tasks and responsibilities related to his office.
- Coordinates and liaises with the appropriate CyI offices to facilitate tasks related to the CREF office
- Responsible for the coordination of all arrangements and logistics arising from Board meetings, Board committee meetings
- Organizes and facilitates outreach and publicity activities of CREF or other similar supporting groups
- Assists with the preparation of materials for Board meetings and events including preparing agendas, correspondence, and other materials relating to the Board, Executive committee, and other committee meetings as requested.
- Provides administrative support for the Board of Trustees Office as assigned.
- Schedules, organizes and provides logistical support for meetings and events.
- Any other duty assigned by her/his supervisor.
|Job Requirements|| |
- Bachelor's degree in humanities or sciences required.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant administrative experience.
- Experience in higher education administration is preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of office processes, related computer software and electronic communications tools.
- Previous office management, project management, and event planning experience a plus.
- Proven interpersonal skills with experience providing complex administrative support in high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and to organize workflow to ensure effectiveness and efficiency; manage within tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify, procure and oversee the timely delivery of services.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including editorial and proofreading skills, strong command of the Greek and English languages.
- Must have high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively while exercising diplomacy and discretion with a wide range of constituents.
- Willingness to see tasks to completion, sometimes necessitating working longer than normal hours or on weekends.
- Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects and constituencies.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency /expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including applications of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and internet research.
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute JobBoard (http://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, including a letter of interest and a list of three references (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Dr. Michalis Yiangou (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
References to be requsted: 3
Contact person: Dr Michalis Yiangou
Reference number: CyI_CREF_18_14
|Starting Date|| |
Thursday, December 13, 2018
|Closing Date|| |
Tuesday, January 15, 2019