|Job Description|| |
CyI is seeking a Head of its Events Office (at the rank of coordinator or manager) to manage and co-ordinate CyI’s calendar of events and have overall responsibility for the marketing and delivery of all events services. The post-holder will serve as initial point of enquiry and be the main liaison partner between the event organizer and relevant CyI support services, as well as the relevant committees and departments.
It is estimated that the role is for about two thirds of the time administrative and office-based, while the remaining third is hands-on, practical support to deliver events. The position requires a degree of flexibility towards working hours, including some evening and weekend work.
- In cooperation with the relevant committees, offices and collaborators to organize and take control of all aspects of the planning, organization and on the day management of specific Institute hosted events and conferences. Plan, organize and manage all aspects of the event from planning, promotion, logistics, on the day management, follow up and budgeting.
- Meet with internal clients (members of faculty, members of Research and professional services), and take written brief for individual events or conferences. Provide and agree written plan and costings. Liaise with clients to identify objectives, target audience and measurement for the event or conference.
- Develop a written and costed integrated marketing communications plan for each event or conference. Agree appropriate communications channels and media with the Communications Office and through effective liaison with the internal client. Implement the agreed promotion, monitoring all campaign elements and instigating further promotion and PR as required to deliver on the agreed event targets.
- In cooperation with the Communications Office, plan, initiate and monitor the web presence of the event or conference, including design, content and quality of dedicated microsites, where appropriate and when agreed with client.
- Drive forward process and system improvements to support the delivery of excellent events, including post-event follow-up.
- Initiate and chair all planning meetings with relevant parties, maintaining records.
- Maintain event or conference budget records and monitor expenditure, seeking cost savings where possible without compromising the quality of the customer experience.
- Manage the process for event-related facilities bookings. Identify space requirements and liaise with the relevant professional services and departments to secure appropriate space. Source and secure alternatives where necessary.
- Liaise with external suppliers as required to secure products and services.
- As agreed with the internal client, organize and liaise with speakers (where required), managing and communicating all logistical arrangements.
- Maintain and promote internally and externally, the Institute’s Events calendar.
- Maintain systems for tracking of registrations and attendance. Analyze figures and prepare graphs and narrative. Provide verbal and written updates.
- Manage the evaluation process for events, ensuring appropriate follow up is conducted, results monitored, analyzed and reported back to client.
- Any other associated duties as required by the Events Head of Events.
|Job Requirements|| |
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experiences/training.
- At least 5 years of similar experience in private industry or academia or a combination of the two
- Interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate and influence various internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong operational planning skills including budgeting
- Expert level of Greek and English verbal and written knowledge.
- High organizational skills with extreme attention to detail and a methodical approach to working.
- A high standard of customer service is essential, as is the ability to multitask and prioritize a busy workload effectively.
- Excellent teamwork, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with academics, students and staff as well as the many conference guests.